Sunday, October 17, 2010

Seafood & Tacos Luis

So I'm gonna start reviewing eateries around the Southern California area...I eat out a lot so I might as well share the good and bad with you folks.

On Thursday I ate at Tacos Luis located in Bellflower, on Lakewood Blvd. and Flower St.


The spot is open late...at least 'til midnight, so that's good for all you nightowls out there. There is also a 7-11 conveniently located in the same location, so you can pick up whatever you gotta pick up there.


I had tacos de carnitas...


The meat was hot and tasted fresh...good overall flavor. As you can see, I helped myself to some of their green guacamole salsa from their salsa and vegetable bar, it was excellent.

My friend had a tostada de ceviche...

They actually give you enough for two BIG tostadas for $3.75...The ceviche was GOOD! I couldn't help myself and stole some from my friend! But my friend also agreed that it was some good ceviche.

We topped off our late night meal with an horchata and an agua de piƱa, both were done from mixes, but still good.

The one thing I didn't like was the seating. they only have one actual table. Other than that, you have to sit on tall chairs and eat on some sort of counter.

Overall, I'm going to give Tacos Luis 3 1/2 diamonds ♦♦♦1/2. Good spot to grab a quick late night bite, but definitely not the place you want to go if you're trying to impress the ladies.

Seafood & Tacos Luis
16806 Lakewood Blvd.
Bellflower, CA 90706
(562)866-8980

Rating: ♦♦♦1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment