Sunday, October 31, 2010

El Perihuete

So my friend and I went to one of my favorite spots...El Perihuete in Paramount California, a straight up Sinaloa-style seafood joint.

I started off with a Tostada de Ceviche de Camaron. The ceviche was fresh and well-prepared, but they were a bit stingy with the shrimp.

Next up was a Taco al Uy Yu Yui...a shrimp taco with the shrimp smothered in a rich, creamy and spicy sauce, topped with lettuce, Mexican cream, and onions...this is one of their trademark dishes, and it is EXCELLENT!

For the main dish I had a Marlin Quesadilla. This dish truly surprised me! The marlin didn't even taste like fish, it actually reminded me of a well prepared machaca. The quesadilla was HUGE! A definite thumbs-up on this one.


My friend had the Caldo de Camaron (shrimp soup). They made up for their earlier stinginess on the shrimp, this caldo was PACKED with shrimp. Very well put together and quite delicious.


I topped it off with an authentic, imported Mexican soda: Toni-Col. A smooth vanilla soda that I had not had for a couple of decades. Cold and sweet, it was the perfect end to a superb meal.


The seating is good, with many tables for minimal waiting time, but the service that night was lacking. Our waitress must have just gotten imported in by on of the local "traficantes", because she has a lot to learn about her trade.

Overall though, it is a definite place to take ANYBODY, and my companion and I truly enjoyed the meal.

Rating:♦♦♦♦ (4 out of 5 diamonds, better waitress and they get the full 5)

Mariscos El Perihuete
16600 Paramount Blvd
Paramount, CA 90723-5430
(562) 408-1661

1 comment:

  1. my man u need to get me one of the toni col

    ReplyDelete