Sunday, October 31, 2010

El Perihuete

So my friend and I went to one of my favorite places the other day, El Perihuete. This is a straight up Sinaloa-style Mexican seafood joint!

It is located in the city of Paramount, on Paramount Blvd.

They start you off with a shrimp broth called a "Taliban", this broth is off the hook, perfect for you all that drink to kill that hang-over the next day.

I went right into it, ordering a Taco al Uy Yu Yiu...this is a Perihuete trademark, a shrimp taco with the shrimp smotheres in a creamy and spicy sauce, topped with lettuce, mexican cream and freshly dilled onions. SUPERB! Next was a tostada de ceviche de camaron. They were a bit stingy with the shrimp, but it was fresh, and well prepared.















For the main course I had a Marlin Quesadilla. This dish was excellent...no, actually it was addicting! It completely surprised me with its full, delicious flavor. The Marlin tasted nothing like fish and actually reminded me more of a well cooked machaca.
My friend had a caldo de camoaron (shrimp soup), and it was very well prepared. They made up for their earlier stinginess on the shrimp ceviche...this caldo was FULL of shrimp! It was the perfect caldo for those that are shrimp fanatics.












































No comments:

Post a Comment