Friday, August 21, 2009

Today

So today I became a grandfather! My grandbabygirl came in at 7lbs. 3ozs. and 19 inches long. Her mommmy named her Nayeli Krystal - Nayeli means "I love you" in Native American (Zapotec is the earliest traceable dialect that used this name) and she truly is beautiful.



She has brought new hope to my daughters and I as well as the rest of my family. Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of my son's murder and so that makes this bittersweet for me. It is proof to me however, that God never closes one door without opening another. I miss you Junior, and I know that you would love this baby regardless of what anybody in this world might say or think.



I am grateful to God for bringing this baby into my daughter's life because she has given her a new will to live and a new perspective on life. Nayeli, you are a blessing and I love you with all my heart already!



Lil Izzie, we can do this, regardless of the madness that goes on around us and I will be with you every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment